With an improving economy and increasing consumer confidence, we are expecting a busy holiday shopping season. Over the years, we have witnessed new traditions emerge with the rise of Cyber Monday and Thanksgiving Day shopping. Because RBG is interested in analyzing both customer experience and competitive pricing trends, we compiled a list of 2014 holiday shopping predictions that we wanted to share with our readers.
From the industry insiders:
- Thanksgiving day will have this year’s lowest prices with an average discount of 24% – Adobe
- Introducing Cyber Week: Cyber Monday will be extended into a week-long promotional period with retailers offering deep discounts – Consumer Report
- Online deals will outnumber in-store deals on Black Friday – USA Today
- Online shopping this Black Friday will increase by 27% – Adobe
- Online sales will increase this year by 8 – 11% – Shop.org
- The average holiday shopper will spend $804 on gifts this year – National Retail Federation
- 39.7% of shoppers will actively seek out free shipping when buying gifts online – National Retail Federation
Did You Know?
- The biggest discounts occurred the weekend before Thanksgiving last year – The Wall Street Journal
- Sales this Cyber Monday from mobile devices in the U.S. will exceed most other online sales across the globe – Adobe
- Black Friday deals are already making headlines with Walmart advertising a 65″ Dyson HDTV for $199
Don’t forget to remain focused on customer experience and customer loyalty this holiday season. Your customers and shareholders will be thankful if you do.
More Undefeated Content
What’s happening at your locations?
A Case for Mystery Shopping: Executive-level managers expect front-line staff to provide customers with the highest level of service, knowing this translates into repeat business, increased revenue and customer loyalty....Read More →
3 Tips For Aligning Your Holiday Pricing With Your Customer Experience Strategy
A modern holiday tradition has begun Every year around this time retailers prepare for a price war that will impact the nation. This year, battle lines have already been drawn and...Read More →